In existence since 1976, the North Carolina Principals and Assistant Principals’ Association is the preeminent organization and state voice for principals, assistant principals and aspiring school leaders. NCPAPA was established with the firm belief that strong positive administrative leadership is the determining factor in the quality of a child’s public education in North Carolina. Today NCPAPA represents 5,000 members from across the state. As one voice we aim to promote excellence in educational leadership for the State of North Carolina.
Our 2020-2021 Priorities
- Enhance school safety with an increased investment in additional school support personnel (nurses, counselors, SROS, social workers & school psychologists) and PPE supplies.
- Adopt a valid and equitable system for school performance & accountability
- Continue to improve the pay plan for principals and assistant principals
- Provide adequate funding for school facility needs and technology and broadband expansion.
- Refine school calendar law to give school districts flexibility to better align with their community.
- Provide waivers for K-3 class-size limits and improve teacher allotment formulas for all grades.