We are accepting applications for the 23-24 program.
Future-Ready Leadership (FRL) is a leadership development program for practicing assistant principals. The program, provided by the NC Principals and Assistant Principals’ Association, is aligned to the performance evaluation standards adopted by the State Board of Education for North Carolina’s school leaders. Through this cohort-driven model, assistant principals will participate in six face-to-face sessions and engage in assignments, projects, and readings designed to build the capacity of their schools and their own capacity as “Future-Ready” school leaders.
Through the six sessions of FRL, participants will:
- Gain a deeper understanding of the North Carolina Standards for School Executives and their application to the assistant principal and principal roles.
- Gain an awareness and understanding of the leadership competencies necessary for effective school leadership and identify their strengths and areas for growth.
- Engage in role clarification with their principals to assure that they are making significant contributions in each of the North Carolina Standards for School Executives.
- Develop a plan with their principals for their own professional growth as school leaders.
- Become part of a statewide network and community of learning professionals.
This opportunity is available for any practicing assistant principal who is committed to professional growth and who commits to participating fully in all FRL activities. Program cost will be covered by NCPAPA, however lodging, if needed, and travel will be the responsibility of the participant or district. For 23-24, cohort sessions will likely take place in Raleigh and Chapel Hill. Participants will be assigned a cohort based on their location. All dates have not been determined but typically they are in September, October, December, February, March and April/May.
If you have any questions, please contact Emily Doyle, NCPAPA Program Director (email@example.com).
Igniting the continuous pursuit of highly effective leadership
and life-long professional learning.
Developed and Provided by
N.C. Principals & Assistant Principals' Association
Session 1 - Your Role in the NCSE for Principals & Assistant Principals
Session 2- What Every School Leader Needs to Know about Curriculum and Instruction
Session 3- Instructional Leadership that Builds Teacher Effectiveness
Session 4- How Leaders Create Authentic PLCs
Session 5- How Leaders Create a Healthy School Culture
Session 6- Maximizing Student and Adult Relationships
2018-19 FRL Raleigh Graduates
2018-19 FRL Chapel Hill Graduates