- NCPAPA/NCASA Member....$170.00
Most Principals and Assistant Principals qualify for member pricing. If you are not sure, please contact email@example.com to check.
Participants will receive a certificate acknowledging CEU credits and a copy of the book titled Designing Literacy Focused Schools.
Registration is CLOSED. Please click on the button below to add your name to the waiting list.
Country Club of Landfall
About the Seminar
NC's new and more rigorous standards place an emphasis on student literacy across all disciplines. Recently, there have been extensive evaluation studies of schools demonstrating high literacy success. The studies identified several high impact literacy practices these schools had in common. This session will assist school leaders in understanding these high impact literacy practices through descriptions and actual examples from the schools.
Throughout the session, a consistent comparison will be offered for participants to compare their school's literacy practices to the high impact practices. Several connections will be made between each of the high impact practices and monitoring for high literacy achievement.
- Exemplary Practices Research
- Higher Level Thinking and the Connection to High Levels of Literacy
- High Impact, Rapid Response Literacy Practices
- Vocabulary: The Core Foundation of Literacy
- Reading Comprehension: Why We Read
- Writing to Raise Achievement: The Critical Component
- Summarizing and the Connection to Literacy Success
- At-Risk Learners and Literacy Success
- Putting It All Together Examples - Participants' Planning
Accommodations are available at the following locations:
- Homewood Suites Mayfaire, 672 Swan Mill Road, Wilmington | 910-791-7272
- Hampton Inn & Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, 1989 Eastwood Road, Wilmington | 910-256-9600
- Residence Inn Wilmington Landfall, 120 Culbreth Drive, Wilmington | 910-256-0098
- SpringHill Suites by Marriott Wilmington Mayfaire, 1014 Ashes Drive, Wilmington | 910-239-9975
Hotel discount group codes and additional information belowHomewood Suites Mayfaire – Wilmington NC
672 Swan Mill Road, Wilmington, NC 28405 | 910-791-7272
The discounted rates are valid from July 12th – 16th 2019. Guests can begin booking now and will have up to June 12th to do so based on availability. The preferred block rate(s) are available for a King Studio Suite and a 1 Bedroom Queen / Queen Suite. Please be mindful - all reservations require a credit card at the time of booking as a guarantee will adhere to a 48-hour cancellation policy.
Rates: King Studio...$189 plus tax | Queen/Queen or King 1 Bedroom...$199 plus tax
Group Name - NC PAPA | Group Code – NCPHampton Inn & Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach
1989 Eastwood Road, Wilmington, North Carolina 28403 | 910-256-9600
The discounted rates are valid from July 15th – 16th, 2019. Guests can begin booking now and will have up to June 10th to do so based on availability. The preferred block rate(s) are available for 2 Double Beds and a King Standard Room.
Rates: 2 Double Beds..$164 plus tax | King Standard Room...$144 plus tax
Group Name: NC PAPA | Group Code: NCPResidence Inn Wilmington Landfall
120 Culbreth Drive, Wilmington, NC 28405 | 910-256-0098
A block of rooms has been reserved for July 15, 2019 - July 16, 2019. The special room rate will be available until June 11th or until the group block is sold-out, whichever comes first.
Rates: Studio Suites...$149 plus taxSpringHill Suites by Marriott Wilmington Mayfaire
1014 Ashes Drive, Wilmington, NC 28405 | 910-239-9975
The discounted rates are valid from July 14th – 17th, 2019. Guests can begin booking now and will have up to June 14th to do so based on availability. The preferred block rate(s) are available for 1 King, Sofa Bed Suite and a 2 Queen, Sofa Bed Suite.
Rates: Standard Room Weekday...$129 plus tax | Standard Room Weekend...$159 plus tax